MN LICENCE #20126880
Copyright 2010 John Haley #1 Roofer: Minneapolis Roofing. All Rights Reserved.
Dependable Minneapolis Siding
Call John Haley #1 Roofer when it can’t wait!
Sometimes sudden and unforeseen occurrences can happen, especially during Minnesota’s unpredictable and severe weather. We are on the alert during these times and know that immediate attention is sometimes vital to prevent further damage and higher repair bills later on.
No special phone number needed. Your phone call to our regular office number will be answered or promptly returned, emergency crews dispatched to secure the affected area, and we will follow up with you to make arrangements for repairs if needed.
Remodeling and Repairs
Whether your project or repair is big or small let John Haley #1 Roofer be your contractor of choice. We can take care of:
- new bathroom redo’s -kitchen/cabinet redo’s
We will give you a free and fair estimate, go over design options, and supply you with materials samples to keep your effort minimal and your experience enjoyable.
Our experienced and professional crews will handle your project with courtesy, neatness, timeliness, and give you a quality, top-notch job. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Let John Haley #1 Roofer be your general contractor for all your repair and replacement needs. We are the Storm Damage Experts of Minnesota. John Haley has worked with all the major insurance companies over the years and has received referrals from many of them. Since we can service all your needs--roofing, siding, soffit & fascia, gutters, windows--you can have the ease of working within one claim and with one contractor.
We have handled thousands of claims just like yours and will restore your home or business to pre-storm condition with a minimum or effort on your part. No headaches with your insurance company!
- If you experience storm damage, here is a quick list of items to keep in mind.
- You don’t necessarily have to get a certain number of estimates and go with the lowest. It is up to you who will perform the work on your home or business.
- Beware of “storm chasers”. These are people who go from state to state wherever storm damage occurs, but then are gone when the available work is done. They may hold a single trade (i.e. roofing or siding) license rather than a Minnesota general contractor’s license, but not always.
- If your insurance company turns down coverage, and you clearly have damage, you have the right to arbitration. John Haley #1 Roofer will arrange and represent you at this arbitration and fight to get all the coverage you’re entitled to.
When you experience storm damage, here is a quick list of things to do:
1. Contact your insurance carrier and file your claim as soon as possible.
2. Choose a reputable contractor, such John Haley #1 Roofer. This contractor should:
- Work directly with your insurance company for you and meet with your adjustor if needed to insure coverage. There should be minimum effort on your part.
- Provide you with a “contingency” contract, which means the contractor will perform all work the insurance company has approved to be done, for the dollar amount the insurance company has agreed to pay, plus deductible. If the insurance company does not find that repairs are warranted, the contract between you and the contractor is null and void.
3. Your insurance company will give you an itemization of repairs and replacements to be done which you will review with your contractor.
4. Payment is usually issued in two parts, when the insurance company agrees to cover damages, and final payment is made when the project is completed.
Your Storm Damage Expert should have extensive experience with insurance companies, be able to service all your needs and have excellent communication with the customer and the insurance company throughout the claim and restoration process. That’s John Haley #1 Roofer!
Ventilation and Insulation
Let John Haley #1 Roofer take care of your ventilation and insulation needs. Attic insulation and proper ventilation are important factors to the health of your overall roofing system. The Installation of new vents and insulation can not only prevent serious problems later, but help reduce heating/cooling costs.
Some factors that can cause problems in this area are:
- Plugged/Missing Soffit Vents -Areas of poor air flow/space (A-frame roof)
- Lack of Ceiling Vapor Barrier -Inadequate Attic Insulation/Roof Ventilation
Poorly ventilated soffits and insulated attics, lack of ceiling vapor barrier, can lead to problems both inside and outside your home or business. Some of these problems are:
- expanding and contracting of your roof deck
- buckling and curling of your roof shingles
- build up of condensation or leaking into your attic
- build up of excess heat in the summer
- ice dam build up in the winter
- premature aging of shingles
- interior damage and staining
If you are experiencing any of these problems, let us examine your roof and attic. We will give you a free and fair estimate, fully explaining the particulars of your situation and what is needed to restore the integrity of your home or business. We use only the best and most current venting and insulating products in the industry, and our expert installers will give you a quality, top-notch job.
Snow and Ice Dam Removal
Let John Haley #1 Roofer take care of your snow and ice removal needs. Minnesota winters can be unpredictable and severe. Significant snowfall and the common pattern of freezing, melting and refreezing can wreck havoc on your roof and cause damage to the exterior and interior of your home or business.
The weight of significant snowfall can cause stress to your roof and even result in dangerous cave-ins. Don’t wait for this to happen, resulting in more expensive repair costs, or risk your own personal health removing it yourself.
An ice dam is a ridge of ice that builds up at the edge of a roof, preventing water and melting snow from draining off properly. Water building up behind this ridge can then leak into your home or business, causing interior damage, or spill over the ridge causing the dam to ever increase and risking damage to the exterior of your home or business.
Let our experienced crews provide dependable snow removal in Minneapolis and surrounding areas. We will safely remove all snow and ice with no damage to your home or business. Our service is superior to all others by providing the following:
Specially trained crews using equipment meant only for snow and ice removal, and designed to prevent damage to roofs
- Use of snow and rake shovels for snow removal
- Use of a steamer and air hammers to safely loosen and remove ice
- Use of an environmentally safe ice melt product
Let John Haley #1 Roofer do your chimney and masonry work, whether it’s a stand-alone repair or part of total roof job.
A defective chimney or parapet wall, faulty or old, worn-out brick work can be a cause of leakage into our attic and house interior, causing damage and staining. It can also look unsightly and interfere with your chimney’s proper functioning.
Our expert crews will do a neat, clean and thorough job and leave your roof looking great.
Let John Haley #1 Roofer install beautiful, low maintenance, energy efficient windows to your home or business.
If your windows are foggy, drafty, or don’t work smoothly and easily, or if you have old, outdated windows that are light/energy inefficient, you may want to consider new windows. New windows add greatly to the appearance and value of your home or business and help reduce heating/cooling costs. Our expert installers will give you a top-notch, quality job.
We offer the widest selection of brands available from all major manufactures, including Pella, Marvin and Anderson, and can offer you a selection of many styles and colors to suit your needs, taste and budget.
Various styles to choose from include:
- Vertically/Horizontally operating -Porch/Patio doors and windows
- Bow/Bay/Projecting windows -Storm doors and windows
- Vinyl/Wood Replacement windows -Velux skylights
- Casement/Double hung/Slider
Various glass types to consider include:
- simple insulated -low energy/Argon or Krypton insulated
- keepsake for security or noise reduction -Double or Triple pane
Let John Haley #1 Roofer install your new gutter system. We make our gutters on site for a correct fit to your home or business. Our expert installers will give you a quality, top-notch job.
An efficient gutter system will insure proper water drainage. This is necessary to prevent water leakage into your home or business, ice dam problems in the winter, and water erosion to your landscape, driveway and walkways.
Our seamless aluminum gutters come in a wide variety of styles and colors. We also provide custom-made steel and copper gutter systems. You may want consider a gutter cover system which will prevent buildup of leaves and other materials from blocking the flow of water out of your new gutter system.
Let John Haley #1 Roofer install beautiful and functional siding to your home or business. New siding reflects its initial appearance and quality, increases its value, and saves you on heating/cooling costs.
We offer the widest selection available of superior Minneapolis siding products and all major brands, including James Hardie and Masonite. With a variety of styles and colors to choose from, one will be sure to fit your needs, taste and budget. Complete insulation and house wraps are also available. Ask your salesman for samples.
This is a long-time favorite for its durability, good looks, and fire-resistant qualities. It is also recyclable, and maintenance is minimal.
This is a durable, maintenance-free, and inexpensive option. It is moisture and fire resistant and will block mold and other allergens.
This is among the strongest and longest-lasting siding available. It can resist the dents, bumps and dings other siding can’t.
This is a beautiful and popular choice that lends an upscale, custom appearance. It is a higher priced siding system but well worth it.
This siding provides the look and texture of wood in a variety of colors, while being termite and water proof, and noncombustible.
Roofing, Soffit & Fascia
Let John Haley #1 Roofer install a beautiful and leak-free, worry-free roof for your home or business. A new Minneapolis roofing system, properly installed, will add to its appearance and value, and help reduce heating/cooling costs.
We offer the widest selection of roofing systems available in a variety of styles and colors, and use only the best products on the market such as GAF, CertainTeed and Owens Corning. We will help you choose which is best for you according to your needs, taste and budget. Our expert installers will give you a top-notch, quality job. Ask your salesman for samples.
John Haley #1 Roofer knows that the secret to a leak-free roof is the installation. A properly installed underlayment is absolutely necessary to preserve the integrity of your home or business interior from leakage and damage, as well as provide the proper foundation for the overlayment (shake, shingle, etc.) of your choice.
We specialize in the installation of shingle, shake, rubber, metal/copper, slate and tile, and flat roofing systems. Each roofing system type has its own particular attributes which you will want to consider in making your choice.
3-tab asphalt shingle Architectural asphalt shingle
- lowest warranty -higher warranty
- minimal look -upscale look
Cedar/Wood Shake Designer Shingles
- higher cost -highest cost
- higher maintenance -superior warranty
- natural upscale look -upscale custom look
- classic “green” alternative
Also known as “single ply” this is a common and durable system used most frequently by businesses, but also is common on some home sections.
- lowest warranty -higher warranty
- low slope roofs only -low slope and level roofs
Durolast Hot Asphalt
- middle cost -highest cost
- damage resistant -lowest maintenance
- low slope and level roofs -most durable, longest lasting
- available in 3 colors -variety of finishes available
Soffit & Fascia
These are important elements to consider for functionality and appearance. Poorly installed soffits can cause ventilation problems which can lead to condensation, ice dam build-up in the winter or excess attic heat in the summer. All this can cause premature aging of shingles and interior damage to your home. They can also look unsightly or outdated.
Let John Haley #1 Roofer install new and attractive soffits & fascia for your home or business. We provide aluminum, vinyl or wood soffit and fascia in a variety of colors to match your home.